All the living and von living things on this planet consume energy to grow or to do work. Energy plays a very important role in our daily life cycles. All the movements around us are only because of energy. Everything uses a different source of energy to live or to do work. Currently, the consumption of energy increase day by day due to the developments of all the countries. Energy has two major types conventional and non-conventional sources of energy. In this article, we will discuss the difference between Conventional and non-Conventional sources of energy.
Currently all the big or small works are only possible with the help of the machines. It means for the development we need more energy to run our machines. In this era of machines, machines are everywhere. We like to do all kinds of works with the help of machines. Let’s discuss in detail the difference between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy.
Conventional Vs Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
|Parameters||CONVENTIONAL SOURCES OF ENERGY||NON-CONVENTIONAL SOURCES OF ENERGY|
|Known As||Conventional source of energy also known as Non-renewable source of energy||Non-Conventional Sources of energy are also renewable sources of energy.|
|Meaning||These sources can’t be reused again. Most of the conventional sources of energy are available beneath the earth.||These are the resources that can be reused again and again. Most of the renewable sources of energy. are available on the surface of the earth.|
|Availability||Available in limited quantity, one day these resources will not available.||Available at no limit. These sources will available for life long.|
|Use||Used for both industrial and commercial.||Currently used only domestically.|
|Types||Two types commercial and non-commercial.||No types in these resources.|
|Pollution||Cause of pollution.||Mostly no pollution or ecofriendly.|
|Expense||High expense because most of the resources are available beneath the earth.||One-time expense while setup.|
|Examples||Fossil fuel, CNG, coal, oil, natural gas.||Solar Energy, BioEnergy, Wind Energy, Hydro Energy, Ocean Energy, Tidal Energy.|
Conventional Sources of Energy
These are the which are still available naturally for use. We are using these types of resources since ancient times to produce light, fire, and electricity. The use of these resources is regular without any substitute. Conventional source of energy includes fossil fuels, coal, petroleum, firewood, and cow dung. The main conventional source of energy is fossil fuels. This main source of conventional energy is the fossils of the plants and animals buried under the earth. With the time and excessive pressure on these fossils, it converts into fuels. These fuels are coal, petroleum, natural gas.
These sources are energy is non-renewable because it takes many years for the formation. We are using regularly these sources in a very uncontrolled manner. With more use, one day will come when these sources are exhausted, and substitute for these resources is very hard to find.
To get these resources we have to find the exact latitude and longitude of the particular place.
Non-conventional source of energy
These are the substitute and alternate of the conventional sources of energy. Currently, people are very aware of pollutions and the limited use of the conventional source of energy. The popularity of non-conventional sources of energy increases after the crisis in 1973. After that scientist finds alternate conventional sources of energy.
Many ways are established to obtain energy from different sources like sun, wind, tidal water, and waste. All of these recourses are available very easily, these resources are renewable. These resources can’t be exhausted easily. This type of source of energy will be the best alternative to the conventional sources of energy which can be used again and again.
Difference between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy
- As the name suggested conventional sources of energy are the sources which are commonly used since ancient times. These sources are the basic recourse of energy for normal people. While non-conventional sources of energy are still under developing stages. These resources are only popular among developed countries.
- Conventional sources of energy are used on large scale to produce energy. Most of the machines are running in the conventional source of energy. Conventional sources of energy are used for industrial, commercial, and domestically. On the other hand, non-conventical sources of energy are used on a small scale. Currently, few countries use solar energy to run their cars and house equipment.
- Conventional sources of energy are available with the limit. One day they will disappear from the earth. Because the formations of such kinds of sources take millions of years. While non-conventional sources of energy are available without limit. They can be used again and again.
- Non-renewable sources of energy are the major cause of many types of pollutions. These resources are mostly used by burning which produces harmful gasses which affect our environment. While non-conventional sources are eco-friendly.
- Conventional sources of energy are very costly because they are available beneath the earth’s surface. To get these resources we have to dig or bore in the earth’s surface which increases the cost of these resources. While non-conventional resources are mostly one-time investments at the time of setup.
Currently, the measure problem is the population of the world which increasing very fast. An increase in the population increases the load on these resources. For the development of the highly populated world, we need more energy. Conventional sources of energy are available in limited quantities. So, the only way to go toward renewable sources of energy.
We have to find ways to use non-conventional sources of energy in an effective way. Non-conventional sources of energy are the only alternative to the conventional source of the energy. If we will not go toward the use of non-conventional sources of energy. In the future, we have to face so many energies consumption-related problems.
This is all about the difference between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy. We hope you understand the concept very well. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
3 thoughts on “Difference between Conventional and Non-conventional Sources of Energy”
Pingback: What are the conventional sources of energy - Differencee Between
Pingback: What is a Hydroelectric Project - Differencee Between
Pingback: Difference Between Stress and Strain - Differencee Between