MBA and PGDM are the two courses which help to learn managerial and entrepreneurial skills. Both the course MBA and PGDM are very important for business individual personal growth. Main difference between MBA and PGDM is that an MBA is a degree and PGDM is a diploma. MBA is offered by the recognized university and PGDM is offered by autonomous Colleges.
After the completion of the graduation every student got confused to choose between MBA and PGDM. In India both MBA and PGDM are the same but internationally MBA is higher than the PGDM. For the job purpose both MBA and PGDM are at the same level.
There are many other differences between MBA and PGDM. Before knowing the difference between MBA and PGDM we have to know the complete details of MBA and PGDM. In this article we will discuss in detail about MBA and PGDM and differences between them.
MBA vs PGDM
|1||Master of Business Administration||Post Graduate Diploma in Management.|
|2||Offered by the affiliated University or colleges||Offered by the autonomous Colleges and business schools.
|3||It’s a degree||It’s a Diploma|
|4||contains less practical knowledge.||Mainly focuses on practical knowledge.
|5||colleges and universities are accredited by UGC.||Colleges are accredited by the AICTE.
|6||Internationally More Value||Internationally less Value|
|7||exams are conducted by the affiliated Universities.||Examinations are conducted by the concerned college.
|8||syllabus is not updated from time to time.||Syllabus is updated from time to time.
|10||Less placement||Higher placements|
MBA (Master of Business Administration)
MBA is a Postgraduate degree which is internationally accepted. MBA is a 2-year course which is divided into 4 semesters. MBA including managerial, technical and entrepreneurial skills. This course is very important for businessmen who want to become managers in any organization.
Generally, to complete this course takes two years but other types of MBA program are also available like distance or part time MBA which takes 4 years to complete. Another mode of MBA is also available which is known as Executive MBA which can be completed in one year. These types of MBA are introduced for the people who want to pursue MBA with their jobs. These days online MBA is also available.
Advantages of MBA
- MBA develops decision making skills in the person.
- MBA increases professional networks which brings new and big opportunities to get success in life.
- An MBA person is able to set up his business.
- MBA covers finance, economics and marketing which are very important.
Like another technical courses MBA also includes an internship. This internship helps to get industrial and practical knowledge. Which helps to get good job opportunities.
PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management.
PGDM is a diploma course in management. This course is offered by the standalone autonomous and college and business schools. These colleges and schools are not affiliated fro any university. These days this course is very demanding in the India.
The PGDM course is a 2 years full time management course. This course includes technical skills and practical knowledge of management. Due to the more practical knowledge this course is more valuable.
Advantages of the PGDM
- This course includes an in-depth teaching and training module.
- It focuses on live case studies.
- The syllabus is designed to improve the behavioral and conceptual knowledge of the students.
- In PGDM syllabus is changed according to the current need and requirements of the industry. Updated time to time.
Main difference between MBA and PGDM
- MBA is offered by the affiliated University or colleges. While PGDM is offered by the autonomous Colleges and business schools.
- MBA is a degree while PGDM is a diploma.
- MBA course contains less practical knowledge. PGDM mainly focuses on practical knowledge.
- MBA colleges and universities are accredited by UGC. And PGDM colleges are accredited by the AICTE.
- Internationally MBA is higher than PGDM.
- MBA exams are conducted by the affiliated Universities. While PGDM examinations are conducted by the concerned college.
- MBA syllabus is not updated from time to time. While the PGDM syllabus is updated from time to time.
- MBA course is cheaper than the PGDM course.
- PGDM has higher placements than the MBA.
MBA and PGDM both courses have their own advantage in the management sectors. Anyone who wants to become a manager of a mid or big organization. PGDM is suitable for him because placement security is more in the PGDM. While many wants to start his own business or handle his family business. MBA is the best choice for him. MBA is slightly cheaper than the PGDM.
This is all about the difference between MBA and PGDM. We hope you like the post. If you have any doubts please feel free to comment on us. For more interesting topics like this please go through our website.
Master of Business Administration
Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Advantages of MBA
MBA develops decision making skills in the person.
MBA increases professional networks which brings new and big opportunities to get success in life.
An MBA person is able to set up his business.
1 thought on “9 Difference Between MBA and PGDM”
Pingback: 7 Difference Between Degree and Diploma - Differencee Between